Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Blue Ticket: "Moonless Nights"

You Mr. Moon are my protector. Beams of your light are always shining in my darkest nights, leading me, guiding me, and holding my hand ever so tightly so I don't wander through the trees. I love when you carry me through splintered paths, but sometimes I want my feet to get cracked and bloody. Believe it or not, but sometimes I want a "moonless night". One where I can't see and fear drives into my chest like a full dagger. You need to understand that I have to be stabbed in order to feel happiness. I cannot know one without the other. SO LEAVE MR. MOON! Get out of here! And let me bleed from the dry heels of my feet. Let the gashes become infected only so that I can cleanse them later. My arms are wide and my chest is open. Knock the wind out of me a couple times so I know that kiss of air. Break my ribs and tear my skin from the belly button up so I know my untarnished body. I will always be fascinated by scarlet juice. Always. If I fall too low, please take my hand and hold it ever so tightly. Ever so tightly.

2 comments:

  1. "I love when you carry me through splintered paths, but sometimes I want my feet to get cracked and bloody"
    #stolen
    This was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The contrast here is amazing, you need to be stabbed to feel happiness.. I FREAKING LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete